Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Double Top

Yes it finally came. On Saturday the 25th August I officially became middle aged, hitting the big 4 0.........The day started with a serious hangover. As the previous 3 nights drinking finally caught up with me, so a long lie in before getting up out of bed to open a bunch of carefully chosen birthday cards which all took the piss as much as possible out of my new found age, including the best one from my mother which she had made up out of old photos of me, including a naked baby one, showing all my male prowess, I only wish it had got a bit bigger than it was then.....thanks mom.....

Out of the money I received from various generous sources and a special birthday jar that Amanda and myself keep for all loose change. I have managed to purchase a 500gb external hard drive, new leather computer chair and a new large desk which is due to be delivered this week. I am hoping these few items should help me take my poker more seriously and thus make more money.

Birthdays aside, I have not played much poker last week due to the partying. However I have been off work all this week so hope to catch up on the lost hours.

Been doing ok on usa for bad beat, steadily ticking along on the profit ladder, but very much a grind rather than a spurt. Would of been well up, if I had not had 45 in the big blind, 3 limpers, flop came A23, ended up all in against a limper with 33 and the river paired the board for a $100 pot down the pan......

Sun is a different story, I have almost lost all my initial $200 deposit, and I am about 130 points short of getting the full $200 deposit bonus back, so this along with the rakeback, I am only just gonna break even. The play there is really so bad, and I have lost so many pots when a massive fave, if only half of those hands would of stood up I would be at least $500 in profit rather than $180 down. I am going to stick with it though, cos I know eventually these muppets are gonna pay me off big style, and with the $200 a month bonus + rakeback, I am sure this site can make me some decent $$$ at the low levels I am currently playing at.

I have also manged to get a free entry for the Mansion $150k, courtesy of their current promotion to get 100 mcps in a week. Managed to make $100 getting them as well, which is a bonus. Looking forward to playing this tourney, will try and get the points for the next couple of weeks too, as the value is just to good to miss.

Overall, enjoying the cash games at the moment, even with the frustration of gettng shafted on sun. I still miss the thrill of making FT's in the Multis. I might try a few sats to the bigger ones and see if I really have improved my game at all.

Good Luck at the tables.
Goth

No comments: