Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Still playing like a muppet

I think this month has made me realise what a journeyman player I am. I don't seem to be learning from my mistakes. Overall I am a break even cash player at the moment, only making any money from rakeback and bonuses.

I think this hand says it all.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2608930

Looking back at it, it was obvious that I was beat. utg limper who it tight as a nats chuff and has a post flop overall agression factor of abuot 0.5. What the fck was I thinkin, my heart was hoping and telling me he had limped with Ahxh and had the nut flush, but my brain was screaming "Hes got a bigger boat !!! " get out of dodge. Unfortunately, the bit that controls my mouse clicking finger obviously is not connected to my brain. I guess the only thing I have learnt is that a year ago, I would of moaned about this as a bad beat, cooler type hand. I now recognize, this was just pure and simple fish play by myself. Please feel free to comment on the hand as you feel fit

Currently approx $590 down at the tables and $330 overall after bonuses etc. so a pretty poor month.

I keep spouting on about all the things I should be doing, studying more, training more, eating more healthy, the truth is, I am just not doing these things, its almost as if I think somehow its all gonna just click and fix itself. Well believe, me it ain't and unless I pull me finger out two things are gonna happen, 1. Lose the bankroll. 2. Leave the earth prematurely in a wooden box. Somethings got to change in my life and its got to change soon.

Ideas on a postcard.
Goth.

5 comments:

Platonic_ said...

That hand wasn't too bad mate. At these level people go crazy with a lot that you beat there.

Amatay said...

wtf Plantonic?? LOL @ that hand, sry Goth m8. I think both of you fish played it shit imo. Dont either of you see a str8 out there?? lol. Hes not that bad with 55 but you with your 23 jeeeeboss?

Amatay said...

Oh shit, my bad. just realised i read the HH wrong, doh. Its a toughie lol

Anonymous said...

LOL Amtay you fish!

Goth - take a break for a few days or drop a couple of tables. I was 12 tabling at the start of the month but found myself turning into a big pay off donkey so sat at 2 tables of Heads Up to get back into focus.

Keep plugging away mate.

Gothman said...

Thanks guys, and Amatay, think before you drink, before you post lol ;-)

You could be right puds, in fact I know you are right, but I think I am gonna stick with it, no more than 4 tables and just try and keep me neck in and grind a bit out. Will see what happens.