Monday, May 03, 2010

Back and ready to grind

Hello Peeps....

Back from a tour of my new fave place in the world, namely Canada. Was out there on a West to East fully guided tour, which included a 3000 mile train journey from Vancouver through the Rockies, stopping eventually in Toronto. the tour also included stop offs in Jasper, Ottawa and a short period in Montreal. Without a shadow of a doubt, it was the most wonderful holiday I have ever experienced.

As we were going in mid April, we spent a fortune on Winter clothes, ready for the cold onslaught that was about to be thrust upon us, which of course, never came. The weather was outstanding, with only 3 hours of rain during the whole time we were over there and that was when were on the train, so no coats were needed.

Its really difficult to pick out what I loved most, we just did so much while we were out there. I guess if I had to choose one thing that stood out, it would possibly be the helicopter ride of Niagara Falls. All of my life I have said that if I was gonna die tomorrow, the one thing I would have to do before I popped it would be to see the falls in the flesh. When the opportunity to fly over it in a helicopter came up, it just had to be done. I took so many photos while up there, but I think this is one of the best ones that came out ok.



I could talk forever about the holiday, but as this is a poker blog, I know you will only get bored. I do however intend to return to Canada again in the near future, hopefully to tour move of the West coast in the next 3 years or so.

The bad thing about holidays is that they eventually end and you have to go back to work. This strangely enough was short lived for me, as after two days back at work I got the dreaded Man Flu and had to come home sick. I always get really fooked off when I have to have time off sick as I do like to take the piss out of the girly puffs who have a sniffle and don't turn up. I don't tend to get ill very often (touch wood) but when I do, I seem to get it bad. Luckily it only lasted for about 4 days, so I now feel ok again and have been back on the poker tables.

I did manage to play enough hands in April to retain my Gold status on stars. But as May has now started, the grind is now on to get to SuperNova by the end of the year.

I currently have about 12k VPPS and seem to be holding my own 9 tabling, but due to stupid and I mean STUPID calls I am not winning very much at the tables. I have got to the stage where I have played a lot of hands and my hand reading skils have improved immensely. However, what hasn't improved is my abilty to put my reads into practice. There still seems to be a little man on my shoulder saying "Call you fool, he hasn't got it" even when if you follow the hand through to its logical conclusion, it is bleeding obvious that he has it and the fold is the only option.

Still, I am in profit with the bonuses and building up some nice FPPs ready to cash in later in the year. As stated, this year is all about getting used to mass mulitabling on stars and hopefully developing a strategy that at worst is break even, but hopefully bring in at least 0.5bb/100 which is my aim considering the amount of tables that I will be playing.

On target to hit platinum this month, so as the title says, Let the grind begin.

New Order - Perfect Kiss

1 comment:

Amatay said...

The falls look incred m8, sounds like a superb trip.