Thursday, October 28, 2010

Starting from Scratch

Well its back to the drawing board and back to basics. I have made my decision on what I want to do for the foreseeable future and I have decided to give Full Ring on Stars the elbow and go back to playing 6 max on another site with a decent rakeback deal.

I have also decided to go back to the beginning and concentrate on my play more than the volume, for this reason alone, I am going to go back to playing 10NL 6 Max and set myself a challenge of building a whole new bankroll from an initial £300 deposit into my new site. As I will be playing in Euros its not really that much of a drop, but I am going to be very disciplined in my approach to both my play and my bankroll management. I am going to stick to a strict 100 Buyin Rule for moving up to the next level with the added fact that I also have to have played a minimum of 50K hands at that level and be running at least 1BB/100 winrate. Regardless of the bankroll, if I can't beat the level I am playing at I can't move up....simples.

In preparation for this I have actually been playing some 20NL€ 6 max on ladbrokes for a while (had a bit of spare cash on there) I have only played about 1k hands and have been playing ok with some good results running at +10BB/100 but as its such a small sample Its not really a good view of the long term, but I suppose its better than being -10bb/100. My new site isn't Laddies, but its on the Microgaming Network, lets just hope with all of the changes that they are making that my rakeback deal will still be valid, If not I guess it will be all change again lol

The timing is quite good really as my shower blew up the other day with smoke steaming out of it, we are really lucky we were at home when it happened as if we were at work there was a good chance it could of caught fire and burn the whole house down !! We have been thinking about replacing and redecorating the bathroom for quite a while so it seems like the ideal time to sort the lot out. As I am dropping down in stakes and set myself a bankroll challenge I have also decided to take £1000 out of my poker bankroll to put towards paying for the bathroom, it will help keep the wife quiet for a bit if she can see some winnings from my spoils going towards she actually wanted for a change ;-))

This will leave about £1700 in my poker bankroll, so even though I am starting off with only £300 on my new challenge, I will keep the remaing money that is not left in Stars/Laddies in a seperate savings account. I always feel that it is best to keep my poker roll in a totally seperate account, that way its always there if you need it.

One good thing about making a change in what your are going to play is the fact that you get a new surge of enthusiasm and excitement, this is fuelled by setting detailed goals and bankroll plans, lets hope the bad beats hold off long enough to keep the hope going. The other good thing about not relying on volume to get bonuses and keep VIP levels is the fact I can play when I want to play and when I am focused. I think too much of my play on stars has been mass tabling while not in the mood just to get the volume in and my results have plummeted because of this.

Lets hope by my next post I can pull back some of the years losses on the cash tables and maybe even have a profitable month in November without counting the rakeback, which is something I have not done since about April I think !!!

Off to see these bad boys on Thursday night along with Avenge Sevenfold

Stone Sour - Through Glass

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi mate, for some reason it's been a while since I visited here!

Looks like you're doing something similar to me, I started this month with £300 and playing 6max on party I've turned it into £430-440.

Good luck mate, I'll make sure I check in more often!