Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Out with a whimper + Yearly Stats

Well, I failed to hit the goal, too much chasing it ended in some poor decisions being made and 3 times during month I was over $100 down, at one stage was over $180. In fact if it wasn't for a few good hands on cash tables I could have had a really bad month. As it was, I ended the month $11 down, only the 2nd time in the year I had a negative month. Overall I can't complain, I made more profit this year than last. Considering I only had one big mtt win (had 3 in 2006) it shows I must have been a lot more consistant, especially in MTTs.

Anyway, here are my stats for 2006

Overall Profit = $3602.52
MTT Played = 605
MTT Total Winnings = $6100.52
MTT Total Profit = $2091.07
MTT Final Tables = 69 (11.45%)
SNG Profit = $1310.40
Cash Profit = $186.32

Better than a kick in teeth, but not the 4k I had set my target for, i'm more pleased with making Final Tables 11.45% of the time. I haven't broke down the placings yet, but I think I do have problems getting there with a big stack, so I guess I have a lot of 6th-10th places rather than top 5 finishes, I will break them down later this week and whack um up on here.

Not sure what I am going to concentrate on this year, enjoyed playing the cash tables in december, but only cos I was winning on them, I know how easy it is too lose big pots against poor players and then go on tilt.

Have set my target for this year at $4.5k profit. Gonna hit the $10 sngs really hard in Jan on stars as I have put $600 back in to get there 25% deposit promotion, need to play 300 $10 sngs to get $150 lol, but hopefully make some profit on the way. Started off well, played 3, won two and 1 3rd. Also played 4 MTTs on laddies so far, with 1 Final table and one other cash finish, so the month has got off to a good start. Long may it continue.

It also seems that leaguenutz is no more, as no one has heard anything since the site went down before xmas. We have lost our forum on there, but Wildrick and pokerkaz have set a new one up for us to chat and talk bollocks on. I have put a link on the side of my blog, please feel free to join the site and have some fun and maybe even learn a thing or too about poker....

So Happy New to you all and good luck at the tables, except when i'm on them witih you.
Goth

2 comments:

Bluff2win said...

Hi gothman, been reading your blog recently and have started one up myself to go with the new year, bluff2win.blogspot.com. Anyway i noticed you trying to reach a certain target and see you played alot of games, im sure with a decent rakeback deal you would have made it. i mean 605 mtts alone would get you around 200$ rakeback assuming its $1 rake in each mtt. If you are interested its on cyrpto (30%) i will sort you out leave me a message on my blog. Gl for this coming year i hope its a good one for you.

Gothman said...

Hi Bluff, thanks for taking the time out to read my blog, I will put a link up from mine to yours, so good luck with it.

I currently am only playing STTs on stars and MTTs and a bit of cash on laddies. I would be interested in rake back on STT's as I intend to play well over a 1000 of these this year. I am already signed up to a lot of Crypto sites, but please feel free to send me the details, I might give them a go once I have got my stars deposit bonus (prob about end of March)

Email me or MSN on mark_g_turner@hotmail.com.

GL at the tables
Goth