Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sick and tired....but....

The poker has picked up.....

Came home from work on Monday ill, first time I have been off sick for over 5 years and the last time was 2 weeks off with a knacked ankle play footy.

So since monday evening, I have been wrapped up in a blanket all fires and central heating on and a box of tissues by my side (a normal practice I know, but these ones were for blowing my nose)

The good thing about the sport of poker, is that not being able to physically move cos of illness, actually helps. So laptop has been on non stop as I have struggled to sleep at night due to constant coughing and the odd throw up session as I can't keep any food down, prob due to the antibiotics for me chest.

Managed to make two final tables, 1st one in the farce that was the disco affected Monday night laddies hangover tour, I even let my timer run down every hand for over half an hour to allow people to get back in, while some of the twats with the bigger stacks tried to raise every pot, some people just have no class at all. Eventually went out 8th with AK vs QQ for a 90k pot, laddies cruelly gave me the A on the flop, then the K on the turn, before dropping the Q on the river to make my heart jump and send me packing. On the final table was angel1975 and angel deserves a worthy mention too, as she was getting a lot of stick cos of her massive stack early on from some of the railbird idiots, who clearly thought, that she had stolen them from disco'd players, they obv do not know her and the class and etiquette she brings to the game, shame on them I say. Maybe they should watch angel play more often, they would then know how she gets those large stacks.....

The other FT was when I came 2nd in a $1 tourney against one of the worst players I have seen, the phrase "don't send a message to someone who can't read" should have stuck in my mind as he ignored every move I made and called down with bottom pair everytime and hit everything. Shame leaguenutz site is being upgraded as that would have extended my lead this months league by a good margin. We are not sure when or if the site will be back, but thats another story.

Managed to break my 17 sng run on Full Tilt out of the money, maybe the tide has turned on this site for me.....but I doubt it.

2 sng wins on stars in a row this morning have now put me back in profit for the month, the 2nd time I have come from over $100 down.

Looks like I am going to be off work for the whole week cos I still feel bolloxed, I also do not want to be risk being ill over xmas with my family and after 5 years in work every day, I think maybe I am owed a day or two.

Goth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate. I always get annoyed when I'm raised to the river, show top pair... and people continue to bet into me like I'm an aggressive bluffer. They must not be paying attention.

good luck with that cold... sounds nasty.