Friday, January 21, 2011

The Fish Bite Back

Well the new year started off as the last year ended, I was cruising at my new 10NL challenge and after about 3k hands was a comfortable 7 buyins up. Then it seemed the dreaded doom switch turned. I am still bum hunting, but the next 6k hands, the fish hit everything....and I mean EVERYTHING !!!! Every flush chase came. Flopped sets got rivered by runner str8s or runner runner flushes. I even trapped one fooker with 66 on a 886 board only for the all the money to go in on the turn 7. Of course he flipped 78 !!!

But, I still have belief in my game at this level, may need to cut down on the continuation bets a bit and make better notes on the players, just cos they are playing 78/4 you still need to make a few extra notes on how they do things apart from the obvious "DO NOT BLUFF" !!!!

Managed to pull a couple of buyins back the last couple of days, but I am still about 7 buyins below EV at the mo, it sucks, but at least I know I am getting them in good most of the time.

I am not playing as much as I would of hoped, I think January tends to always be a strange month for me as I seem to set a few life goals and targets. I am trying to lose a bit of weight at the moment, so have been focusing on that bit, managed to lose about 6lb so far, which considering I have had at least two "all dayers" and a few takeways is not too bad, not really started excercising much yet, so hopefully there is more to come. Would love to get below 12st by the end of the year (currently 15st 2) so its a bit of a tall order, but I can but try.

Not played a tourney all year yet, I just can't seem to get in the mindset to sit down knowing that I could be there for a good 6-7 hours and still only double my entry fee, thats the beauty of cash really, just play and leave when you want.

So the bankroll challenge is still on, but getting up to £1500 to move up the levels seems a long way off at the moment and playing at 10NL the rakeback is not much either. I think I got about £13 for ~10k hands from last month !! will prob only do about 15k hands this month as well, so I do need to up the volume a bit to help boost the roll, although to be fair I would rather be winning at the tables.

Todays track is from a band I have only just heard of recently, but they seem pretty cool.

Pretty Reckless - Miss Nothing

No comments: