Saturday, January 01, 2011

Ironic December and Yearly Round up (sort of)

Well would you adam and eve it. After setting myself a bankroll challenge and dropping down to 10NL€ I ended up having my best month on the cash tables in the whole year and I only played 10K hands !!! unbelievable. This was mainly down to only playing 4 tables and doing some serious bumhunting. I tag high VPIP fish as green and every time I sat at a table, within twenty hands or so, I could see at least one player that was gonna be tagged str8 away, it was just then a case of waiting for a hand then taking their $$$ Sweeeeeeet....Long may it continue.

I finished december about 18 buyins up in the 10k hands and after conversion was approx $250 up, which as I said above, not taking into account tourney winnings, was my biggest month profit on the cash tables.

It helped bring a very bad year to an end and I finished the year about $950 total profit, which is my worst year ever.

2010 was probably the worst year of life overall. It all started off what I thought was going to be the best with a dream fulfilled in our tour across Canada in April, which was one of the best two weeks in my whole life. Unfortunately it all went downhill from there. The summer saw the loss of my Grandmother and my precious pooch Fern. November also took the life of my wifes Grandmother and then to cap it all, after surviving and recovering from two bowell cancer operations my Uncle Jimmy had a stroke which proved fatal and he also tragically passed away. Needless to say I did not celebrate new years eve at all last night, I had one large glass of JD and said good riddance to 2010.

So, enough of the past, onwards to the future. I am keeping to my current goals and staying on microgaming for my bankroll challenge. I have managed to get my account up to £600 playing 10NL and i am ignoring my bankroll that I have in my savings account of £1300 (I may use this as a seperate tourney roll, not sure yet). Therefore my bankroll challenge is only what is in my online account. I intend to carry out the following management plan.

Level....Buyin...Min Roll
€10NL....€10.....£500
€20NL....€20.....£1500
€40NL....€40.....£3000
€50NL....€50.....£5000
€100NL...€100....£10000

As you can see, the amount of buyins increases as I move up to give more room to play and also the roll is in £, where as most of the play is on € tables, so this gives a bit more protection as well.

If all goes well, I plan to withdraw £200 at £2k, £300 at £3k, £400 at £4k, £500 at £5k. Once I get to £6k I plan to withdraw anything above that amount in the account on the last day of the month.

It is going to be a long slow process, but I am hoping to spend more time studying this year and trying to concentrate on quality rather than quantity.

Ideally by the end of the year I want to be playing about 50k hands a month at €50NL and running at 1BB/100 minimum. (running at 9.27BB/100 at 10NL at the mo lol)

So heres wishing you all a Happy and Healthy new year and hope you all live life in the fast lane.....

New Order - 60 Miles an Hour

No comments: