Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

And a big thankyou for Santa delivering all the fish early and not letting them hit.......

Apart from the mandatory case of man flu which sent me home from work on wednesday afternoon and kept me stuck in my bed Thursday/Friday, well, when I say bed, I actually mean my comfy armchair in front of my PC. And, if I happen to be stuck there, well, it it would be rude not to play poker !!

It turned out to be a highly profitable few days sick, approx $550 to the better. In fact it would of been a lot better, apart from one unreal player on Sun calling every raise and hitting runner runner on 3 occasions (one with 93os !!) to stack me 3 times. Sometimes I really think they know something that we don't.

My first day off sick on the thursday the cash tables on sun were pretty scarce, so I decided to play the laddies $10 high stack in the afternoon. Not many runners, but I tried to play a bit more aggressively than normal and try a few different things out. It seemed pretty sucessfull and was lying about 2nd in chips when a reraise from me with AK could not get Mr Scandi to fold his mighty AJ for which he duly pushed all in happily chimped his 3 outer, to drop me well down the field. I still managed to make the FT, where with 7 left the sb raised my BB for the 3rd hand running, I looked down and found K9, more than enough to try and teach him that this is MY BB and duly rr all in, without a thought, he insta called with his mighty K5 sooooooooooted and of course hit the 5 to take me down.

On the evening, I decided to enter the 20:15 laddies hi lo muff fest, being as tight as a nats chuff, I did not rebuy or add on. Shortly after the break, I managed to muff it up to about 6k chips and then never looked back, a couple of pieces of sound advice from hi lo Guru LANGERS and I was on the final table, but before long I could not outdo my hero and was muffed by Kunkuwap and went out 6th.  Interestingly I think I have only played this tourney 7 times this year and made the FT 5 times. Maybe I should play it more, but I guess if if I really knew 
what I was doing in the game, I would not make the final table. But 2 MTTs played and two FT's, can't grumble.

Cash has been going well, in particular on the laddies 6 seaters, where I have found the standard of play definitely lower than on Sun, if only laddies could match the Sun bonuses and rakeback, it would def be my home. Then I decided to play the Mansion seaters, now these are unreal, I could not believe the amount or rr all ins I saw with abs pants/fck all hands and called with 2nd pair shit kicker. These guys are sooooo bad, def gonna give these tables a dabble around the pub hours, seems like there could be a lot of value around on them.

Still plan to attack the Sun bonuses in the new year on the 25c/50c 6 seaters, but looking at the results on Ladbrokes/Mansion, it may be that the value is outside of the bonuses.

If I don't see you at the tables tonight. I wish you all a Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year.

Goth

No comments: