Monday, December 31, 2007

A good year

Well, it has come to that time where we all must look back on the year and say "where the fck did that go" cos if your like me, it only seems about 3 minutes ago it was new years day 2007. God time goes fast as you get older.

Been a big year for me really, I got married, had a 40th birthday and moved from being an SNG rock to being a cash muff. Quite an achievment for a 12 month period and I came out of it in one piece.

Unlike last year, I have had a good december, in fact, it is close to my best month of the year, approx $600 up taking my yearly profit to $5000, which is $500 more than the target I set myself, which considering my biggest MTT cash was only $340, I can't be any happier.

Next year I plan to concentrate on building up my bankroll. Due to the costs of the wedding, I have had to pull out about $5k of my poker stash to help get the mortgage payments back on track, which took a hit cos of the interest rate rises. But all is ok. The move to cash and the period spent with bad beat has taught me a lot about bankroll managment and I have now set my new targets and goals for moving up the levels. Hopefully, the time it will take to gain the required bankroll will be sufficient for me to increase my skill factor to cope with the "better" players that play at the higher levels.

So my goal for next year is a big jump. My aim is to finish the year $10,000 in profit. I am still going to concentrate on cash and have set the following rules for my bankroll management.

Level     Stake           BR to Play    Sitdown    FallBack
1             25c / 50c     $1500         $50            N/A
2            50c / $1        $3500        $100          $3000
3             $1 / $2         $8000        $200         $6000
4            $2 / $5         $20000     $500          $15000

The fallback figure is when I drop back down a level, should I go on a bad run. I intend to play mainly on Sun to get the bonuses and rakeback, which  hopefully will accelerate the bankroll plan and provide cover for any losing months that I have. Will be concentrating on 6 seaters, with maybe some 10 seaters and Hi Lo cash, just to get the extra MPP needed to get the $500 pm bonus. Current Bankroll on Sun is about $1.8k and I have about the same spread around laddies/stars etc, will play on them occasionally to try and break the boredom of playing on one site and add a bit of variety. The bankroll plan is a little on the conservative side, but I think it is a good starting platform and provides cover for variance. I am nor sure if I will go to the 2/5 level on sun should I be doing ok on 1/2, I may just stay there. I don't expect to do all of the above in 1 year, but it would be nice if I could get to that level asap. Unless my game improves dramatically, I think $1/$2 will be close to my limit, but I would like to have the odd stab at the higher levels, but at the moment I am a def TAG type player so my get run over by the LAG players at the higher levels, but you never know.

For MTT, I will probably play a few, but mainly try and sat into some of the bigger buyin events and def will go for WCOOP/ECOOP/LEOCOP events next year as I didn't bother this year and regretted when a few of my close online buddies made some decent cashes in them.

So that is it for me for the year, hopefully plan to do more with my blog next year and maybe develop www.pokergoth.com a bit more.

But for now its over and out, A big Happy New Year to you all out there and cya at the tables next year.

Goth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great year Goth and I wish you all the best for 2008. Keep up the blog, nice style and I enjoyed reading them. And if you have the time, some more pointers on the benefits and lessons you got from being part of the badbeat set up would be interesting.
And what's the attraction with Sun poker in particular?
.....all the best

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Bilal Qayyum said...

Great year Goth and I wish you all the best for 2008
cctv camera