Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A Good Start

Well, i know i shouldn't say this, but all is going well on the poker front at the moment, currently about $380 up in the first week, mainly due to a good run on the 25c/50c 6 seater cash tables on sun and laddies. The new year seems to have bought a freshness to my game and and a new found calmness. For some reason, all of the anger I used to have has now gone out of my game and I just try to carry on playing good solid poker no matter how bad the beats are. Just say nice hand and move on. Theres nothing you can do about it, so why whinge and have a pop at your opponent, the more I see people abuse other people at the tables, the more I think it is pathetic, it is definitely something I now want to get out of my game completely and I hope I can pass this calmness on to others, there really is no need for it and its not gonna help you imho.

Played 3 MTT so far and made 1 final table coming 5th, should of been top 2 easy, but my TT got rivered on an all in pre by KQ and then my QQ walked into the mighty KQ again. I am starting to play my MTT's in a very different fashion than I used to, hopefully this will lead me to advance to decent payouts in the higher tourneys in the future, time will tell, but for now, will stick to cash mainly.

Had the years first royal flush, when I flopped one on a 15c/30c h lo cash table, and duly won a $3 pot with it Grrrrrrrrr. Still at least he called my river bet, so it got to be seen.

Someone anonymous posted a comment asking me what the attraction to sun poker is, basically it is because I get a basic 40% rakeback, and I am also doing the $500 bonus a month. All you do is whack in $500, which you can take out again half way through the month to use the following month, get 3400 mpp over the month and you get $500. Once i move up the levels, I hope to go for the $1000 a month bonus, but this needs 9000mpp to obtain, but this is tricky at the stakes i play at and working full time as well. They also asked about my experience with Bad Beat. I think the setup is very good, but i think it would more suited to students, or people who don't work full time, as the hours you need to put in are quite a lot (40 table hours) so unless you 4+ table, which affects your overall perfomance imho. You are pretty tied down. The mentoring sessions are weekly and are done by one of their pros via skype. So you play two tables while they are on the phone to you giving you advice, this proved invaluable and changed my view on poker a fair bit, especially as an STT/MTT player moving in to a cash game, I now realise how different the two are. I got paid 50% of my profits directly into my bank account every month. So overall I would definitely recommend it. My only criticism would be the forum on bad beat, the layout of it is appalling and I believe because of this it did not get used like it should. I have since joined http://www.cardrunners.com/ and the forum on there is incredible, with tons of detailed hand history discussions going on and players discussing tactics/hands and all sorts of poker related stuff. I hope that answers any questions you may of had, feel free to contact me by email (address can be found on http://www.pokergoth.com/ home page) should you wish to know anything else.

Hopefully thinks will carry on and I can stay as calm as i am at the moment. We shall see.

Goth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Goth keep up the good work!

I have a new blog I'll link u up m8

www.cottonbudpoker.blogspot.com

glglgl James

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feedback on Sun. I had a look into it but don't think I have time at the minute to make the rake requirements, but will give it a go in a month or two.
Cheers