Thursday, January 31, 2008

January Results




January has been a strange month, in a way, I suspect that this is a typical month in players life that plays cash a lot, the good start, the crash, then the slow grind back to a decent profit. A month full of if onlys, missed opportunities and of course the odd horrendous beat. Overall, taking into account the bonuses/rakeback and profit from cash/mtt/stt I have finished the month $1047.11 in profit. I finally got the last part of the Sun 3400 bonus last night and I have rewarded myself with a night off tonight, anyway its quiz night tonight, so I out on the piss anyway. I have attached my tracker graph for the month of Jan, it only covers the NL cash tables I have played, which has all been at the .25c/50c level, a mixture of 6 and 10 seaters. As you can see by the graph it was a pretty topsy turvey month, But at least I finished it in profit. I did also manage to find a leak in my roll. I have been playing a fair few 15c/30c hi lo 10 seater cash games just to crank up the points, just sitting with 10$ and basically playing hi lo foldem, but looking back through my stats, this hascost me over $120, which is over a fifth of the bonus. I have decided that I will not do this in the future, unless I am desperate for mpps, but will play the 10 seater NL games instead, which at least I can concentrate on a bit better and probably pull in a profit on by playing a basci TAG poker.


So, the decision is what to do for february now. The hours I have had to put in have taken its toll this month and I feel that I have neglected the wife and dog a bit. So for Feb, I have decided that I will not go for the 3400 bonus and try and concetrate on quality, rather than quantity. I might apply for the bonus, and if it looks like it could be worth chasing at the end of the month, go for it that way. Alternatively, do the 1000mpp $200 bonus on sun, and look at at playing another site as well and getting a new bonus on there. I haven't quite decided yet.


I will def be spending more time on the cardrunners forums and watching a few more of their vids, if I am paying for it, I might as well use it to my full advantage.


Not sure if I mentioned it previous post, but I have become a bit of a fat twat over the last few years, with a definite poker paunch. I had a small wager with a work colleague that by the end of December 2008, I will have weighed in, at least once at 11 1/2 stone. The starting weight in December at the time of the wager, I was 15st 12. So to win the bet, I have got to shed just over 4 stone. I have started off well and as of this morning, I was 14st 11.25, so 1 stone down. I am keeping a log on the pokergoth forum and I have put a link on the side of the blog, so you can all track fatboy goths progress on the slippery slope to buffness. But for now, its upstairs to get changed and off to the pub for 6 winonas. Cya


Goth

PS, for those new to my blog Winonas = Winona Ryder - Cider.


----------------------------------

2008 Profit/Loss + $1047.11

Todays Weight 14st 11.25 (-12lb)

No comments: