Friday, December 07, 2007

Decision Made

Well, after a great deal of thought and anguish, I decided that it was time to pull out of the Bad Beat trainee trader scheme. After 6 months, I had made a profit, but as mentioned I was struggling to put the hours in that the scheme requires. Over the last two months, I was starting to play a lot of my sessions while tired and not in the right frame of mind just so I could try and fit in the hours. This showed in my results, with a first losing month in October and only a small profit in November. It was a tough decision as it really is a great setup and I think they are going to go from strength to strength. I would like to pay special thanks to Jeff Burke (nenobear) and Matt Myford (younghero2/Enterprise), who were my mentors during this time, these guys really know their stuff and I think improved my understanding of the game a great deal. I think if you are a student with a limited bankroll, the set up is perfect, but bankroll is not really my problem and I def have the discipline, it was just the time that caught up with me.

So my poker playing has now moved on to new ground. I have decided to give Sun Poker most of my business for the next couple of months or so, I am going to use december to realistically work out what I need to do to get the 3400mpp to get the $500 a month bonus, this + the rakeback should work out at about $750pm. All I need to do is make sure I am in profit for the month, or even break, this will then help me reach my new $10k goal for 2008. The ideal aim would be able to play at a level of cash where the 9000mpp was attainable, for the $1000 cash bonus, this along with rakeback would probably be $1700 pm just in bonuses/rake, now if that was sustainable without large losing months, that would be a very tidy sum over the year. Hopefully if things go to plan, I will increase my bankroll by mid 2008 where I can play at stakes which will make this a reasonable prospect, lets just hope that they keep these bonuses going. Just hope and pray the dumbass US gov come to the senses and open back up the big american fishtank again so that crypto can get some more numbers at the tables as it can be a little scarce. Come on Bushy, do us all a favour, fck middle america, we want the whales back at the table...........

Cya around.
Goth

No comments: