Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Comeback Trail

Poker is such a strange and wonderful game, last week I was on an all time low, seriously thinking about taking a long break from the game. This week, its a case of how can I give up my job and do this full time....My hands have been holding, the fish have not been getting paid off and the bonuses are coming in thick and fast. Over the last week, I have gone from being down overall to being currently over $500 up, it truly is crazy.

The plan of playing the 6 seaters has been put back on hold for a bit as I am mainly playing on littlewoods to get the iPod at the moment. So just plodding along on the 10 seaters, its amazing how profitable can be when you actually concentrate on what you are doing, which I think is the big difference in my play over the last 7 days.

Decided that I am gonna need a new car next year as my trusty MG ZS, is starting not to be so trusty anymore, so I have now set a new aim, of getting enough into my poker savings account to buy a new car next March, nothing fancy, cos i'm skint, probably just a Corsa or Astra, or summat of that ilk.

Other news, I have to mention my wife Amanda, who this afternoon, has just completed a 14 mile trek round the Brecons in the pissing down rain in order to raise some money for the British Heart Foundation. So a big pat on the back to her and I am very proud of her for this achievement, as it is a tough little challenge.

So all is happy in Goths little world at the moment, I even don't have a hangover after getting completed twatted last night, which I am again stunned at.

Time for todays music lesson. As you know I am a big Joy Division fan and I think it is criminal when people try to remake some of their songs, however, there is the odd exception. Nine Inch Nails did a remake of the classic JD song Dead Souls and I have to admit, I even prefer it to the original. Put this song in a film as dark as The Crow and you create an amazing atmosphere.

Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls


No comments: