Sunday, July 09, 2006

A long week

Well its been a long week, and poker wise, not a very productive one. Apart from a final table in a $1 tourney, I have not won a penny on Ladbrokes for well over a week. The outdraws are still hitting like mad, or my big hands are walking into bigger hands.

The only good poker moment was on the Bad Beat, WSOP qualifier where I managed to sneak into the final table for some more well earned points (no money though as only top 5 got paid) this puts me in 3rd place going into the final week behind Nordicstone and triple8, Nordic has already won a seat, so I am not sure what happens if he wins it. triple8 is ahead of me courtesy of an incredible call when Decision went all in on his BB with AK, and for some reason triple8 called for 3/4 of his stack with 97s and with a 99 on the flop and 7 on the river, hit a boat to send Dec sailing. Sometimes I guess I will never understand why some people make the decisons that they do, but everyone is entitled to play any two cards when they want I guess. It is almost certain that if I do win a seat that I will not be able to go, I can only hope if I do win, I can sell the seat on, but still with 2K added and only 40 odd players now, it is still worth playing for the value alone.

I have been steady on the STT's, doing ok on the $20 on stars, had a few 2nds and 3rds, but still haven't won one. Played one today, heads up. Equal stacks, blinds 100/200 25 anti. I call his minimum raise with 87. Flop comes 872, I think happy days. He bets, I raise, he flat calls. Turn brings another 2, he bets, I go all in. He calls straight away showing the mighty 32 that he had raised with to put me 2nd. Guess heads up is a different game.

Today was also the final day of the weekly weigh in....gulp. I have been keeping track everyday and decided to take a weekly average. The starting weight was 15st 2 1/2 and my average for the week was 15st 1/2. So an average weight loss of 2 whole pound !! or to put it mildly one good shit.....Not really what I was hoping for, but I guess I did have a large chinese + approx 27 pints of cider over the week (mostly on 3 days only) Will try to be better this week. I did go back to the gym 3 times so a routine has been started at least. Next weeks will be better....I hope.

I have had a few bollockings off the Nutz lads for not updating my blog more, so I am will try and update it a minimum of every two days. With at least how much I have won/lost at poker.

Hope thats ok lenny hehe.

No comments: