Thursday, July 13, 2006

No vegas for me

It was the last night of the WSOP tourney and it ended with a bang, poetically my AA got cracked by triple8s' 99 to knock me out and hand him the seat, it is probably just as well as I would not have been able to go and I was advised that I would not be able to sell it, even for 50p lol (you drive a hard bargain Sandy ;-) ) I managed 14th place though for some more points, which left me 3rd place overall, 1 off the seat for Vegas and 10th in the overall leaderboard. At the start of the series, I would have laughed if you would have said I would make a final table, let alone 4 of them and win one, so I can't really complain. The tour has been a great success and I really hope they do it again next year, as I have learnt quite a lot by playing with better players.

On another note, it was great to see Decision get a seat for the WSOP through Bad Beat, and then he goes and qualifies on laddies on the same night lol, some people are just too greedy. But it is very well deserved.

Not had much luck in the MTT's but as usual my STT's are paying for the entries, the $20 stt on stars that I have moved up to seem to be going too well at the moment as I am currently 80% ITM after only 10 games, I am sure they are not all that easy, but lets hope so. I did manage to muff my way to a pot limit omaha final table without really knowing what I was doing, which was nice.

Been supporting the leaguenutz guys and girls a lot the last few days, it really has become a great little community and we are all hoping to meet up in November at Walton, hopefully we can all play a live STT together, to try and prove who really is the king muff. lenny_dawn did try to prove he was the best on Sunday night in a small all in or fold tourney, but he just did not have what it takes when he got heads up against the darkest muff of all and the Gothman crushed him took his crown, the muff is dead, long live the muff. hehe

No poker tomorrow as it is Quiz(pissup) night. No drinking friday either as I have to work on saturday....and I am on a corporate golf day on sunday. I'll have poker withdrawl symptoms by Monday.....is there a help line I can call ????

No comments: