Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Poker.....Too much fun ?????

I have a big problem with poker at the moment......I am enjoying it too much....

How can that be a problem ? you may ask....Well it is. Up until the last couple of months I got in to a routine of a daily grind of playing my $10 stt tables striving hard to keep up a $3-$4 p/h profit, while playing the odd MTT to alleviate the boredom and hopefully get the quick "big win" to boost the bank roll. Recently I have become more involved in playing on laddies with all the leaguenutz lads and lasses and I must say, I am having an absolute scream. The chat and the piss taking (and also the support) is 2nd to none, consequently, last month I only played approx 12 STT's, where I would normally be nearer 100 (although moving house cut it down a bit too)

I am finding chatting to everyone is improving my game no end. In a bid to get respect from my peers, as I do consider myself one of the more weaker players in the nutz, I am finding I am making moves and playing better poker as a result. In turn my MTT performances of late have been getting a lot better. I have also found myself branching out and playing different forms of poker, ie omaha. Interestingly enough I have made more final tables in omaha than I have done in No Limit Texas, amazingly enough, I played my first Hi Lo multi last night on laddies in the 21:15 $10 rebuy and made the final table coming 6th. I have only ever played the odd 15 mins or so on a hi lo cash table before, so I was well pleased.

To cap it all off, a couple of nights ago, 5 of us nutz lads chipped in $11 dollars so we could enter the laddies $50 22:00 2nd chance, which I played. This was the highest buy in I have ever played and although shortstacked for most of the game, managed to make the final table and come 6th for a very nice $454 to share amongst the lads. It gave me a lot of confidence to know that I can play at the higher buy in levels and get some success. I know I still have a hell of a lot of learning to go, MADV still thinks I play like a big girlie and need to get my chips in more to get the 1sts rather than the 5th/6th/7ths. I know he is right, but I am just not quite ready for that yet, maybe once the bankroll is up above 5k, I can be a bit more aggresive and mix it up more.

So the question is what do I do ?, I have moved up to the $20 STT tables on poker stars and I am currenltly making about $11 p/h on them, so I know, if I was to concentrate on these tables, I would make a decent sum over the year if I put the hours in, however what about the fun ?

Can't say it is the worst dilemma in the world, make more money ? or have more fun. For the time being, I think I am just going to carry on as is, maybe squeeze a few more STT in to keep the flow of cash coming in. Either way, I am sure I will be doing it with a smile :-)

No comments: