Monday, October 09, 2006

The long and the short

Sunday night was a tale of tourneys a short one and a long one.

First off the short one, the leaguenutz special was on pokerstars this week, now bearing in mind my last post regarding conspiracy theories (incidently, I won the sng I was playing while typing it up, so not too sure)....I took out $200 from my stars account to put into poker room and absolute, there are lot of theories regarding cashouts and losing. 3 hands approx into the tourney, wildrick raises minimum from early pos, langers rr min, I look down and have KK, I decide not to fck about (ie don't even think what they could have) and go all in, rick folds langers flips over AA and I am out......incidently had rick stayed in the hand, he would of hit 2 pair with his 98 and took us both out, so it was an all round stitch up.

As for the long, laddies have at last listened to the demand of its non bingo players (us rocks) and have put some decent high stack tourneys into the schedule, one of which being a $4 +.40c 4000 chip 15 min blind at 19:45, this is perfect for me as a leaguenutz tourney.

I played my normal game for most of the night, had a few good hands at the right time and eventually went into the final table in 5th place, with 290 runners, I was almost just happy to make the final table, sat back and played my good hands strongly to pick up chips and slowly watched everyone else knock each other out and moved up the money. Down to last 3 and I was by far the short stack, it was at this point I laughed at a railbird (allinkev) wishing me good luck, and said that I needed a miracle, then as if by magic, I had all the confidence in the world to just go for it and I started playing more agressively than ever, it was almost as if I had an angel looking after me ;-)

Got heads ups with Gamblor, with about 280k to his 800+ but after watching him when down to the last 5, always felt I had a chance, kept plugging away raising like a madman, trying to not let him breath....managed to claw back a good lead then a small raise with TT, he came over the top all in, called str8 away, he flipped over 55. A T on the flop brought the bacon home and made little Gothman a very happy bunny. The tourney lasted a whopping 5.75 hours, which for a $4 tourney is a long long time, but the $319 first prize, made it worth wating for.




Goth

1 comment:

RoboSquirrel said...

Nice win m8

Have played a couple of these and they are very enjoyable - although doesnt stop KK and QQ meeting AA and AK.

Know what you are saying about 'ESP' hands..seen it a few times but mostly it is 'reverse cards' theory or pure/reckless gambling which annoyingly pays off.

Rob