Monday, February 18, 2008

Change of Plan


This month, I was mainly going to play quality 6 seaters and concentrate more on studying the game instead of chasing bonuses and multi tabling. However, it hasn't quite worked out like that. I have had quite a lot of things to do in the evenings lately, so I have mainly been playing the 10 seaters, so I don't have to concentrate much (bad I know) as a result of this I have been chasing the bonuses instead. Already cleared the sun $200 one and courtesy of a promotion on rakeback.com I am chasing some promotions on Parbet. The first part of the month, was entry into a $2000 freeroll for any rakeback.com members who joined this month and managed to get 100mpp in the first 18 days, which I managed to achieve quite easily, and the great news is that only 10 people will be in it. Not bad value. It would be nice if they spread the prize fund over all 10 entrants so at least everyone gets a piece. There is also a 3k freeroll for anyone who gets 1000mpp in the month, which again, I should do easily. The final promotions, starts today and is a $2k rake race, with $1k to the winner, so I think I am gonna play as much as I can on there for the next few days and see if I am in with a shout, there obv is not gonna be many runners, but if one of them is a higher stakes player, I am obv gonna struggle to get near them, but will 8-10 table the lower stakes games if they are available for the next 3 days and see where I stand.

Been a frustrating time at the tables and I am only slightly up on the play, which is partly due to me not really watching what is going on. This is def not the right way to play poker. So next month, I will force myself to play fewer tables and concentrate on my game a lot more. Will be dipping my foot in the water of the 50c/1$ tables next month as well, but might do this after the first week and just play the 25c/50c 6 seaters, just to get back into the swing of things first.

Also emptied my $$$$ out of all of the accounts that I don't play anymore, took 1.4k out of laddies and just left $50 in there for the odd MTT should I get bored. Emptied bet365 as had enough of iPoker for a while. Treated the wife to a treadmill out of the winnings as we have been talking about getting one for quite a while now. I used all my energy up building the damn, thing, so haven't had a go yet, but it seems ok for the price. Should help me get my weight loss back on course as well, as I have been static for the last week or so, cos I am a lazy pisshead.

Been reading the cardrunners forum a lot lately as well, it is by far the most informative I have read, with plenty of good advice, just think I should be reading not while I am playing as it does destract me. From next month, I think I am going to have to break my time up a bit better and allocated playing time and studying time, along with time for the wife and dog as I am finding it difficult to fit it all in, there seems to be this damn thing called "work" which fcking takes up 10 hours of me day 5 days a week, its just gonna have to go........soon.

Thats it for now, will prob be fcked in 3 days with no bankroll left trying to 12 table parbet, will let you know how I am getting on as soon as they start updating the leaderboard.

Goth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gl with it goth keep up the good work and that job be history sooner than u know it ;)

Gothman said...

If only...........