Monday, February 25, 2008

A poker milestone reached


Well, I have achieved one of my first targets for the year. In the 4 years I have been playing poker, I have yet to win over $1000 in one tournament. And courtesy of the Parbet promotion via Rakeback.com (check out link at top left ofpage for more info) I don't think I was ever gonna get a better chance. Out of the 10 people who qualified for the $2k freeroll. Only 4 bothered to register and one of those sat out the whole game. It was quite a hard faught affair and I went into the heads up stage with 2900 chips to my opponents 7100. The blinds were only 75/15 at this stage and were 15 mins long, so was loads of room for proper poker. I managed to pull back the chips, then taken the lead, lose it again. The heads up went on for nearly 1/2 an hour, when the chips were not far off even and I limped with AK, he raised. I then pushed. He thought for what seemed like an age then called with 88. flop was 9 high, the turn bought another low card, I had even then typed "lost" to my buddies on msn, before the King hit on the river, to give me a good chip lead. Two hands later. I found JJ on the SB, limped again, he raised and the chips went in, he flipped over Q9 and my JJ held to give me first place and my first ever $1000 win. I must admit I feel on top of the world. But as we all know, poker giveth and it taketh away. So I am going to enjoy the win while I can and just hope it is the first of many big wins this year.


Goth

4 comments:

Amatay said...

wp fish, nice result. Whats that Parbet site like? Any good?

Gothman said...

Cheers Dude, even us guppys can take down a shark now and then ;-)

Parbets just another crypto skin, cool colours if your a man city fan. Only does a $200 deposit bonus and you gotta get 1600mpp to get it, so Suns easier. Def better value on other crypto skins, only joined cos of a rakeback.com promo month, will prob go back to sun once this months over.

Keep on fishing !

Graham said...

wow, nice going mate, lovely win

Gothman said...

tx graham, not quite as sweet as your stars win (great play btw) but my best win so far, so can't main.
GL on the tables ;-)