Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Playing like a big C@&K


Well as promised, more regular posts, but I have to say, I am playing like a huge cock at the moment, I am still managing to stay in profit for the month, but it should be so much better. Monday night was a classic example. Twice I raise with big pairs (QQ/KK) and bet out on low flops, twice I get called by the same player. Twice he calls by flop bet. So TWICE I bet the TURN. TWICE he calls. So what do I do ??? TWICE like the cock I am, I all in the river, and guess what TWICE he had flopped his set. Why the fck do I not learn that he is calling with something and to slow the fck down. The second time was even worse as the board was 5679x, so if he was chasing his str8 with a mid soooooted connector he hit the river and I still pushed my last $24 in to the pot.

At least later on in the evening, I found KK in the big blind and there was two limpers, including the guy from above. I raise to $3 and him and the sb call. flops comes down QJ x, it is checked to me, I bet $4, but already thinking I am shafted. Mr fckluckbox calls and the sb re raises, I am done with this hand and watch them all in each other, fckluckbox has QJ sooooooooted and Mr sneaky limpy small blind has AA. I guess I managed to get away cheaply from that one.

The big thing I need to learn in my game is when to get away cheap when I know I am beat, but I am still struggling to do this. I really do need to learn how to lay some big hands down. I know by doing this I am going to get bluffed off a few pots, but in the long run, I think it will be +ev if I can learn this skill. It is even more annoying, when I put the guy on a hand that beats me, but I still manage to instacall with out even stoppiing and thinking. I might try sitting on my hands to stop me doing this, or even chop the fckers off as it is costing me toooooo much money.

Diet took a hit last week as well, due to extra Winonas on the weds, along with a m8 coming over from Leprechaun land for another mates 40th birthday, which ended up in a big piss up. So expect to gain a bit this week. No great loss though, as this is gonna happen now and then, as long as the trend keeps going downward.

So back on the tables tonight, with a bit more discipline and get the bankroll moving up !!

Goth

No comments: