Thursday, March 27, 2008

Energy and the Big 100


Or a distinct lack of it seems to be the order of the day at the moment and it seems to be affecting my play. I seem to be constantly tired all the time, def due to my lifestyle of little sleep and lots of caffeine.


Saying that, I have hardly played at all this week, I didn't play yesterday as I was on national Winona drinking duty, watching Sir David get his 100th cap, well done Sir, now onwards to 126 for the record.


Anyway enough patriotism for now, I think its time for a big lifestyle change and April seems to be a good time to do it. Mainly due to the fact that its quiz night tonight and also Villa are gonna spank Man U on saturday, so the pub beckons again. So the change can start "soon"


As per the title of this post, the main reason for the change is due to a constant lack of energy, this in turn makes everything I do seem like a great effort and I am a miserable grumpy old bastard till I get my first caffeine fix of the day, which is a pain in the arse, as I always need a dump when halfway through my first mug of coffee, highly irratating now that I don't use my lappie anymore so can't carry on playing poker while shitting for England on a Saturday morning.


The weight loss bet also seems to be going a bit pear shaped, as I have not lost anything this month, probably due to being a lazy twat and also gone back to eating bucket loads of crisps which are my main passion in life after my love of Winona.


So its more excercise, more veg, less beer. I am even thinking of doing some sort of mini detox cos my body feels like it is falling apart at the moment. I can't do a full detox, cos you can't drink on them, so what the fcks that all about, I want to feel better in life, not ruin it.


I am hoping that clearing some of the crap out of my body will help me concetrate more, cos I am having major problems doing. Even when I am 4-6 tabling, I still find myself fcking off and surfing the net, pissing about on all sorts of crap nothing to do with poker. This is having an obvious effect on my profits. I proved to myself in the parbet promos that if I actually do concentrate, I can read the game a lot better and make more profitable moves at the right time, rather than relying on a hunch and PT stats as a poker table pops up for a response while I am giving thehun a browse for the umpteenth time of the night.


The poker I have played the last week or so has been so so. I finally started play some 100NL and was in profit for a day or so, until I had my first KK vs AA. Luckily he only had half a stack, so only cost me $50. Strangely enough, before I joined cardrunners, I almost certainly would of folded the hand preflop due to the fact that I was pretty certain he had AA as I raised it up to $4 utg, and villain, re-popped it to 10$, his PT stats were 9/2/.5 so was nitty as fck, which to me meant AA/KK, when 4 bet it up to about $36 (to commit myself ffs) he pushed and I knew for def, but had to call.I guess, I should of 4 bet to about $18 and then if he pushed I prob could of folded, but almost all CR pros say to never fold KK pre unless you are way deepstacked and villain is too. With only half a buyin in front of him, I guess I was never gonna fold it. Still fcked my off that I was 99% sure of what he had and still had to go through with the hand.


Thats it for now, hopefully after the weekend I will have some more shit to write and be able to talk about how great Villa played in their 2-0 victory at old trafford. Hmmmmmmm


Goth.


PS Amatay, theres only room for one Claret and Blue Army in the prem, so get them cockerney muppets of yours back where they belong, Div 2 (old money) ;-)


1 comment:

Amatay said...

ahahahhaha that was a good post until the last sentence, made me laff. Good to see the villa 'spank' Man U aswell, wp lol