Monday, March 10, 2008

Just like buses......


Well, you wait four years for your first $1000 poker win, then as if by magic you get another one within two weeks of you first. This time, it was a 2nd place in the last of the Parbet/rakeback.com promotions. 1st prize would of been cool entry into the Olympic Challenge tournie in Tallinn Estonia. but after a 2 1/2 hour 5 man sng I had to settle for second place when my 34 in the bb gave me a rivered two pair, but also gave him the nut str8, but I was more than happy with $1k for 2nd.


At the tables, had a steady weekend, but I am writing this now, in the middle of a bad session, had a mad 10 mins, where got outdrawn on a lot of big hands and had to stop for a while to calm down. Picked back up a bit now, and now a little calmer.


Not played as much poker as I would of like, mainly due to a couple of nights out on the piss and spending most of saturday in bed with a hangover, still, I managed to win the works bowling night, dunno how, cos I can't remember much of it. Also on a course for the next two days, so gonna miss even more.


Still can't grumble, looks like I might be on the way to beating last years total profit by the end of March, which can't be bad.


Goth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

n1 goth always great read, really pleased to see all your hard work and dedication paying off and giving u 2 incredibly sweet results. well done m8 you deserve it :)