Thursday, March 13, 2008

Graham Turner

I have got quite a bit of poker news to post, but i will do this the weekend.

Today is a special day. On the 24th Feb 1996, my father passed away, way way to early at the age of 48. Being in my forties myself it definitely makes you think about life and when the plug is gonna be pulled. Some people say you can do lots of things tohelp you extend your life, while I agree that a healthy living may help, I am also a firm believer in fate and destiny. When your time is up, its up. Sometimes the wrong people leave us a little too early.

The reason for mentioning this now, is my father would of been 60 today, and I am sure that I would not of had my normal night down the local down the quiz.

No one is perfect in life, but my father had a lot of values, which I believe he passed on to me, and was a good person. I know the difference between right and wrong and act accordinlgy, it is a value which I wish more parents these days would pass on to their children, which I honestly believe does not happen as much these days as it should.

So today, is not about poker, its about what could of been. Happy birthday dad, wherever you are, the beers are on me tonight, and I miss you.

Love
Mark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very touching words mate.
I think you have got everyone think with this latest blog, who cares about slumps when you think about the big picture.

Happy birthday mr gothman senior sir