Thursday, April 20, 2006

BB Laddies Tour

Well the Tourney came and I went.....I only had 3 hands of note 22 (utg) which I folded. AQ, which I made the mistake of limping in on the button, hoping nenobear was going to raise so I could RR, but he didn't, I then proceded to chase the str8 draw when the flop came 9 10 J, and losing half my stack. The final hand was my AJsooooted when down to only 1150 chips and the blinds were 300 150, I decided to lump the lot in when in early position, neil07 reraised to narrow the field, I thought I was a gonna there and then, headsup neil turned over 44 to give me a glimmer of hope, but no laddies river for me and I went out in 70th.

I look back and think of my AQ and now know I should of but a big raise in and tried to take the pot down there and then. Hopefully I will learn for the next time.

The only other hand of note I had was when I was dealt KQ on the button, the hand was folded around to me, the BB was sat out, I raised 3 x BB (I would of raised anyway, even if the BB was not sat out) but unfortunately nenobear saw this as a bit of thievery and went all in from the SB, having me well covered, I had to fold. I am convinced I had the best hand, but KQ is not a hand I want to put my whole tourney at risk for. I may post this hand on the forum to see what other people would have done, I would have asked neno what he had, but as Strummer says, don't ask me because I will lie......

Quiz night tonight, so no poker today. I am also going to have to break the news to my quiz partner that I will have to miss some of the quizzes in the near future due to the Dream Team games being on a Thursday night....grrrrr. Still If get knocked out in the first 2 hours, will still be able to make it for a few beers and test my braincell. I will have to miss a couple of the dream team games, as it will be very unfair on the quiz team I have been in for about 7 years now, so a fine balance will have to be found, although I suspect lodger (my captain) would be chuffed if I dropped out as ipreferhorse is our reserve, who, in my mind, is a lot better player than I am. But I am improving slowly.

Anyway, time to go lets see if I can keep out of the 00:30 $5 f/o on laddies when I come home pissed tonight, or at least stay awake till the first break.

No comments: