Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Up The Villa

Well the big Derby came and went with a bang, with what hopefully will keep the Villa in the Premiership. I am not sure whether I want the blues to stay up or not. I used to cheer all the midlands teams on, but when the blues came up, we got a lot of stick off them, so, at the moment I don't really care if they stay up or not, but the baggies can stay up, they are nice and don't take too many points off us.

I was in the pub on Sunday from 11:30 till about 17:45, where the pace of drinking , due to the adrenaline (got through 5 winonas during the match alone)was intense, leaving the mile walk home a bit risky. Especially as I tried to get back to play the leaguenutz special, but couldn't find it in my drunken state..managed to track wildrick down, who seemed to think it was the night before, beer and poker definately do not mix.

Monday my beautiful wife to be, Amanda, had her birthday, so I thought poker was off the cards totally, but inbetween her opening her presents and getting ready for going out I managed to get 2 sngs in on stars in, winning one and 3rd in the other (sometimes the amount of time women take to get ready has its advantages) This made me feel a lot better ready for the terror of being dragged around shopping centres, knowing full well I will be standing outside the clothes shops with the other husbands/boyfriends, who all look like they are doing this in the vain hope that they can get away with some proper "mates" stuff on another day.

Poker has therefore taken a bit of shove to the background for yesterday and most of today, but as I am off work all of this week, tomorrow, I intend to try and give the sit and gos a heavy bash and look forward to the Bad Beat WSOP qualifiers on the evening, although I would prefer it to be not on ladbrokes, the last time is was on there, the bad beats were just incredible, there is something definately not right on laddies. Although, as I am writing this, I am playing in the 18:15 $10 f/o. Will post results later.

Time to concentrate on the tourney, its been 33 minutes and I haven't played a hand yet.

Later....

PS Winona = Winona Ryder = Cider....for the tee total of you out there....

No comments: