Friday, April 21, 2006

I wish I had fallen asleep

As suspected, I came back pissed from quiz and entered the 00:30 laddies tourney, however this time, I decided to do whatever it takes to stay awake and finish the tourney, this worked and after and 1 1/4 hours with only 50 players left, I was chip leader !!!



Things went ok for a while and was still in 2nd gaining a few more chips when down to thirty, then the hands dried up, the steals went wrong and I ended up going out 13th, when a comfortable final table should have been reached, I think there is a fine line between caution and agression when approaching final tables, I think I have a lot to learn in this area and need to watch the other players more.

This morning was the same, ending up going out 15th in the 10:30 $5 dollar, but at least this had the minor consolation of a few leaguenutz points as it was one of my nominated tourneys.

I have only made 2 3rd places in the sit and goes on stars today out of 4 played so far, so not really a good day.

One bit of good news is that the Dream Team games have been moved to Wednesday, so it will not affect my Thursday pissups at my local, but at 20 quid a game for 20 games, it is going to eat into my yearly profit, unless I do well of course. I was about $3000 in profit last year, so £440 will make a dent, unless I get a final table finish in, which hopefully I will do, as I have made two so far in the Bad Beat WSOP tour against much better players than me.

Amanda is out all day and night tomorrow on a girly day, so I will be up early and hopefully get about 20 hours of poker in. The last time I played for 20 hours a couple of weeks ago, I ended the day about 3 dollars up !!! Not the best use of 20 hours. Still hopefully tomorrow will bring some better results

No comments: