Sunday, April 23, 2006

Deep Stacks and Septic Tanks

Well my marathon session came and went, along with my cash. What started off looking bright, with a 1st and 3rd in my first 3 sngs, then started to go downhill. Out of the next 6, I only managed another 2nd place, to give a slight loss of the 9 sngs, which is very disapointing, as this is where I normally make my money. The multis didn't go much better, The three I played, I finished 55/196 going out with AKs against KK. 26/112 and annoyingly again, 15/150 with JJ vs AQ.

I decided then, to give the Poker Stars $10 Deep Stack tourney, I have always wanted to give this a go, but never thought I would have the time, yesterday was my chance.
There were initially 890 runners, and after the first hour, there were 669 left and I had 4870 chips left and was lying in pos 442, plenty of time I thought. The next hour I managed to claw my way up to 7.5 K in chips when dealt the magic AA, blinds were 50/100, so I raised from UTG to 300 and got two callers when it came round to the BB (catchinZZZZZ) he goes all in for his 5.8k approx, I immediatley go all in and the others fold. He then turns over 10 8 os. I feared the worse straight away and was not suprised, when he rivered a 9 to give him his ten high str8. I gave him some shit, then the killer respsonse "Sorry, Its my daughters birthday and I have to take her to Chuckin Cheese" That sent me on a mad rant, to be fair, the whole table gave him a bit. I was not happy. I managed to claw my way back up to 4.5 k, including calling an all in against ZZZZZ with QT and rivering a flush !!
He was still there an hour later, and when I questioned why he was still here, he said his wife had now taken her !! The table gave him some stick, he then gave some excuse about being divorced and not seeing them very often at this point everyone layed into him, and he said, he doesn't want to talk to us anymore and duly turned his chat off....lol

I finished the 2nd hour on 4428 chips in pos 379 with 446 left. I scraped through the 3rd hour with 3253 chips and 296 left.

At this stage, the antes had started and I need to double up, catchinZZZZZ limped in utg and I looked down and saw a pair of eights, I decided this was it, and threw them all in. Everyone folded, ZZZZZ paused for a long while then called, showing K7 os. What a fucking knob....amazingly no king hit the board, or any 7's. However, an AQJT did to give hime an ace high str8 and I was out in 283rd place, I declined to comment, the table did that for me. I just went to the kitchen in search of alcolhol sulking and thinking we need to nuke florida.

I entered the 00:30 laddies multi and got muffed in that as well. Totally pissed off with holdem, I entered the 01:15 am 7 card stud and finished the day off on a slight high note.



I think I will give it another month, before my next marathon, or maybe stick to 7 card.

Goth, over and out.

No comments: