Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

All Fridays are good in my book, as they are the last day before the weekend when the work ends and the fun starts.

I managed to keep away from the chinese last, however, due to the fact that I didn't have to get up in the morning, I played a couple of tournies on laddies, unfortunately I fell asleep in the first one and lost a few hundred chips on my blinds, but it probably helped me last longer than normal. I eventually went to bed about 3am after going out 56th in the 1am $3 rebuy.

The aim of the day was to stay in bed till at least 11am, but my Staffi (small mad dog called Fern) had other ideas, at about 8am, I was woken when my breathing was rudely stopped by Fern sitting her big fat arse right on my face. This is dog talk for "get the fuck out of bed you lazy twat" and give me my breakfast or i'll shit on the lounge floor. Not one to have to poop scoop with a hangover I duly obliged and fed the mutt.

On returning from the kitchen, the laptop suddenly said "you want to play poker don't you !!" Yes, I said, then sat down to play a couple of low level multis.

I decided to enter my 3 leaguenutz tourneys as I wasn't sure if I would be able to play tonight as I might go on the piss down the local and watch Manu stuff sunderland.

First effort was the 08:30am $3 dollar, was going quite well until I got my fingers well and truly caught in the till and went out 34th, making me a bit grumpy.

The 10:30 $5 dollar proved to be more successful. Played my normal patient game and was looking to head easily into the cash, when I picked up TT utg, raised 3 x the BB then Jat7065 (great guy) went all in,he had just had a bad beat and It thought he may of been steaming a bit, I had his chips covered, but it would damage my stack if a 2nd guy who was short stacked also call. I was convinced I was ahead or at least a coin flip so I called, jat turned over KK and the other AK (I think) I immediatly typed nice hand to jat, and then proceded to river a Ten and knock him out..it was nice to be on the giving end of some muff, rather than the usual receiving end.

This put me in a nice position going into the final table and after a few hands was chip leader. The final table eventually wittled down to 5 and we were all even stacked, lack of hands and a couple of failed steals then lead to my demise and managed to go out 5th. Was a bit annoyed with this, but I am always happy to make final tables.

The other tourney which was an omaha one, not much to say. I think I was knocked out first. Must read a book on what a good omaha hand is....

Anyway, time to go put some clothes on and brush me teeth to go out........

No comments: