Sunday, May 28, 2006

From Bad Beat Bubble Boy to Top 3 Finish

It has been an up and down week. On wednesday, the biggest disappointment came in the Bad Beat WSOP Tour at Littlewoods on. Interestingly enough, a friend of mine was over, and he stayed for the first hour to watch me play, what a difference this made. He was asking all sorts of questions and I was having to explain what I was doing and why. For the first time, it seemed to make me think about my game more and concentrate. I actually think I played my best poker for a long while in this tourney, this along with some good cards put me in the top 10 with only 12 left, I felt if I could keep tight, make a couple of steals, I could comfortably make the FT. However, luck was not on my side, with the blinds at 400/800 and antes at 75, it was folded down to me and with 7500 chips approx and looking down at A5, I decided to push. Unfortunatly for me, triple 8 was sat on the BB with AK and called immediatley, I had a little hope when the flop dropped a 4 and a 2, to give me 8 outs, but they didn't come and I was down to 1200 chips. Eventually pushing with A4 Sooooted and getting knocked out 11th when Diane called with J9 and flopped two pair. It was not meant to be, it would have been my 3rd final table in the tour, which considering the standard of the opposition, I would have been very proud of.

Anyway the rest of the week then seemed to go well, my new found confidence seemed to help me in my sit and goes, although I was still getting muffed in the few multi I managed to fit in. The week ended with my 2nd best result of the year, when after scraping into the final table as the short stack in saturdays 20:30 $5 MTT on laddies, I looked down and found AK on the BB. There were two all ins in front of me, and I thought "what the hell" and called, they turned over JJ and QQ, I spiked my K on the flop and tripled up to 45k. I sat back then and watched the field knock each other out until it was down the final 3. I was on about 48k the other two well over 100k. My demise came when the blinds were at 6000/3000 and I pushed with K7 from the small blind for a steal, the BB found 33 and called, with no improvement I was out 3rd taking home $176, which is a good result for me. Being $50 up on the sng at stars, it was my 2nd most profitable day this year so far. So a happy Goth for now.

Tonight sees the Poker Stars 500 FPP freeroll for the WSOP qualifiers, so I am going to give that a go tonight (thanks fasteddie667 for telling me about this) I will let you all know how I get on later.

Off to the cinema now to watch X-men 3, gotta do some boyfriend stuff till late this afternoon, just to keep the peace, you know what its like lads.....grrrrr.

No comments: