Sunday, May 21, 2006

Playing with a hangover

Well, what can I say, I did not get to play any poker on Friday as my friend from Ireland had popped over to old blightey on his way to wales to watch Munster in the Heinekin cup. Boy does he like a drink.....I eventually got home at midnight after surviving a one foot in the canal incident walking home along the towpath, when the bank gave way under my unsteady gait, how the hell I did not go in head first I do not know.

Saturday morning I felt rough as fuck, but as I had ruined the weekend before cos of the FA cup final, I had to get up and take Amanda to the cinema to watch the Da Vinci Code, which, I must admit, I enjoyed immensely, even if I did almost throw up twice into my sprite soft drink cup.......

When I got back home, I decided to try and play some poker. I entered my Leaguenutz tourneys, which were the 18:15 high stack, the 20:30 f/o and a $5 turbo. I was playing an sng on stars, eagerly waiting for the high stack tourney to start, when 18:15 came and went, I flipped to Ladbrokes, only to find I had forgotten to enter....what a muppet. At least I was able to concentrate on the sng, which I came 2nd in. I did play the 20:30 eventually going out 79th after not too spectacular poker.

Hangover was still giving me jip, when I decided to play another sng on stars. So I enter the tourney as normal and sit down and wait as usual. The table fires up, and I am sat there with one opponent opposite me. What the fuck !!! I had enter a $10 dollar heads up, shit I thought, oh well, lets give it a go. Then the best bit, I got dealt 3 cards !!! I looked up and I was playing a heads up game of 7 card Fixed Limit Hi Lo Stud.....Oh my fucking god, I have never played this in my life. I had not got a clue what to do....and guess what ? I fucking destroyed this bloke, blew him off the table. I am not sure if he was a poor player, but I bet out of every pot, I called him down chasing lows, and raised him out of every pot when I got a chance. I may have played really poorly and got lucky, he did actually say "gg monkey" when I beat him, so I guess I may have chased a few too many lows ;-)

Lets see what today brings, although I will miss most of the day as I am taking Amanda to Hay on Wye to have a mooch around the book shops.

The hangover has gone and thank heavens for wireless, cos I am righting this on the bog while having a dump.

PS, I also forgot to enter the turbo tourney as well....grrrrr

No comments: