Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hat Trick Hero

I know you all saw the title and immediatley thought "Peter Crouch" in the world up final in July.....but no.....it was me !!!

On Monday night I came 6th in the laddies 20:30 $5 f/o.....this was the 3rd night running I had made the final table of this tourney coming 3rd/4th/6th , with 298/347/398 runners, I felt I had played some good stuff. In fact my worse result 6th, should of been my best...The amount of "marginal" hands I laid down, ie A9 sooted on the button with 2 limpers when the blinds were quite big (I folded, god I am a such a rock) I would have won 3-4 massive pots for a cheap limp. If I had gone into some of these hands I would have had a dominating chip count, but hey we all can't be perfect.

Anyway enough of blowing my own trumpet. At work today, I had a "team meeting" with by boss in our local and I polished off 4 pints of old rosey (7.2% scrumpy) and we got some good ideas going. I have a few issues at work which I will discuss in future blog entries, but not tonight.

Also tonight is the Bad Beat WSOP tour, if I win and get 4+ bounties and the top 10 come no where, I will make get a seat to wsop !!! FAT CHANCE, although it is one of my favorite tourneys of the week and tonight it is on Crazy Poker and I have made the final table on this site before, so, you never know. Although I do feel quite pissed after the scrumpy lunchtime, so I amy be a bit more agressive than normal, which may help ;-)

I'll let you know how I get on......

No comments: