Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Out of the Bad Beat Laddies WSOP Q

Well what started off quite well, when within the first hour I got up above 9000 chips and was even chip leader for a few hands. I then never got a hand for ages. By this time the blinds were 800 400 and I was down to just over 5k in chips. I was determined not to get blinded out this tourney and at least go out fighting. So from mid position I found QJ and decided to push. Sandy on the small blind thought for quite a while then announced a pp, but folded. Spud was on the BB, he thought for a while then called and turned over AQ, I thought I was a gonna....but hey the flop came J44, but the big grin on me face soon went, as the laddies river delivered the mandatory Ace, to give the chip leader even more chips and knocking me out 37th.

I can't really complain, earlier in the tourney, I got a bounty when I knocked out sum1 after I spiked a Q on the river when all in with AQ against his JJ, but it is uncanny how the bigger stack seems to win more often than not.

No comments: