Monday, May 29, 2006

Just like buses

Well, I guess it is like buses, I haven't had a decent MTT finish for ages, then I get one two nights running. In the same tourney as Saturday (Laddies $5 20:30 f/o) I managed to finish 4th last night after coming 3rd the night before. Although this time, I did have a rather large slice of luck. The field was down the last 15 or 16, when it was folded around to me one off the button. I had K9 Soooooted and decided to raise, erlingmark19 was on the BB and Reraised me. Now I had raised his last two blinds and took them down, so this time my thought process said to me he is just pissed of at me and is protecting his blind, so I rereraised him, this left me only 500 chips. He then put me all in, I then new I was in trouble, with 500 left I had to call and he flipped over the bullets, but the muff was with me and after a JT came on the flop, the river bought the loveley lady to give me a king high str8. He was not a happy bunny and gave me a fair bit of stick, although he did make me laugh when he said I should have known after his 2nd raise that he had a big hand, which I did, but if he thinks I am laying down my last 500 chips when there is a 30k+ pot out there, he is sadly mistaken. So I just said sorry and unlucky and all that, what else could I do, it was just the "wrong move at the right time"

The stars freeroll was dead for me, when I went down to 200 chips when my KK walked into AA. I did get back up to 1400 chips, but made a stupid all in call with K9 sooooted (must be the hand of the day) and failed to crack QQ.

Still, another $100 + profit on the day, which takes my profit for this year through the $1k barrier for the first time. I hope the next barrier is broken shortly.

No comments: