Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The ups and downs of the last week.

Its been a while since my last post, this is mainly due to the amount of beer consumed over the last week. It started as per normal with the Thursday Night Quiz, the usual amount of beer and the usual stupidness of playing the 00:30 when drunk and having to go to work the following morning, especially as this time I managed to stay awake all the way through it and actually made the final table, but getting muffed and going out 9th.

Friday started the "proper" session. Amanda dropped me off at my local so I could have a couple of beers and unwind after work. I arrived home at approx 00:15 carrying the mandatory family sized chinese, for my sole consumption of course and passing out mid scoff and waking up at 3am, with said chinese firmly still in lap.....

After a bit of early morning poker, still battling it out on the 10c/20c cash tables on Crazy Poker, it was off to the pub for midday to watch Chelsea/ManU. If I had to choose I would rather ManU win the league, but I guess it didn't really matter to me, however, as Rooney went down injured and the cameras zoomed in on my face, I felt my whole summer go up in smoke. I really honestly thought we were going to win the world cup until that moment, now I fear just more heart ache.

The sheer frustration of this was only saved by the mighty portsmouth winning on Saturday and thus putting Birmingham City back where they firmly belong.

Eventually left the pub at about 19:00 after another 7 hour session, arriving home with.....errrr....guess what....another chinese. This one was polished off with a bit more vigour and stuffed and pissed, fell asleep on the bed at about 21:00 with no poker played.

Up early sunday and managed to get a bit of poker in before setting off for a bit of Quad Biking to celebrate my mates 40th Birthday. 16 of us went and amazingly we all came back, although there are a few less baby trees in the worcs countryside courtesy of me losing it a few times. If anyone has not been, I would highly recommend it for a boys day out. Of course afterwards, it was food and off to the pub. So no poker was played on the evening as I had an hours walk home after midnight and deposited most of my beer in someones front garden.

I woke up Monday morning not feeling too bad, which I was stunned at, and managed to play a bit of poker, I wish I hadn't bothered, as my muff meter was broken and everyone elses seemed to be firing on all cylinders.

The highlight of the day was the League Nutz monthly special, which 3000 chips and 20 minutes blinds turned out to be a really good game. The game was the tightest nutz tourney that I had played, this was probably due to lenny_dawn going out first, so the amount of muffing that went on was considerably reduced. I eventually went out 7th, so no money this time.

If anyone has not yet registered for LeagueNutz, I highly recommend it, for £11 a month, it is worth it just for the laugh that can be had. Especially if you play sub $10 multis anyway, you may as well get a chance of winning more money, there are also syndicate games starting to be run to gain entrance into the bigger tournies, so do it......

Gonna concentate on the 20:30 multi laddies as I have just played and lost a 10 dollar sng on Party Poker, when I managed to enter a fixed limit one by mistake......grrrrrrrrrrrr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»