Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bad Beat WSOP Survival

Today was the 3rd leg of the last section of the Bad Beat WSOP tour, which I was leading before tonight. It was on Full Tilt, which used to be one of my favourite sites, but no matter what I do, I can't win on it anymore, it just seems to hate me at the moment.

And guess what, I struggled. With only 48 entrants, I really needed to make the top 20 to try and keep in touch with the herd of good players chasing up my rear. I got no cards what so ever for the first hour, I eventually get dealt KK, which, as I was playing so tight, a small raise sent the whole table cowering behind their chairs. I literally was playing the short stack for whole tourney, I never got above the starting chips ! However, luck was with me, and I did manage to protect my blinds a couple of times and steal a couple of pots to make the top 20 (god knows how, I even quadrupled up when I had to go all in with Q5 on my small blind with only 500 chips left and the board duly dropped out 2 5's on the flop, this at least managed to keep me alive while another couple of players bit the dust and I eventually went out 15th for a well earnt 14 points in total. This may keep me in the lead, but meds played another terrific game to make the final table again, so it will be close. With 2 legs to go, I am still in with a shout, but I won't hold my breath.

If by some amazing feat of luck I do win the seat, I may not be able to go as I am moving house in the next few weeks, if I can't I will be gutted, I can only hope I can do a deal with Bad Beat to sell the prize to someone who can go for less than the face value, with hopefully a stake in the player buying it. We shall see, but I will give it my best shot.

I played a STT after this on FT, just to see if it had changed and again, I was all in preflop with TT against AQ, the turn came, I was still ahead, then the long pause and boom, the ace on the river. Bye Bye Gothman.

Decided to get rid of the rage on the Laddies $10 crapshoot, and guess what, all in with AQ against the chip leaders A7, 7 on the turn, boom boom.

Did I mention my lose switch was on ? Haven't won a penny on laddies for 10 days now !

Gonna play the 00:30 on laddies and try to play calm and proper, cos I can't sleep. I'll regret it in the morning when I have to get up for work, I always do, but as for now, its Kerrang on the telly, laptop on me gut.....And poker for hopefully another 3 hours.

No comments: