Saturday, June 24, 2006

Has the tide changed ?

I have been having a very good run recently and a lot of this has been down to my good hands standing up. When I have been getting my chips in the with the best of it, they have held up, with very few outdraws. Even my races have been winning. My steals were not walking into monsters and everything in the garden has been rosie.

Over the last few days, it has been the total opposite, my AA's KK's and QQ's have been smashed almost every time I have played them I have lost nearly every race.

What has changed, I am still playing my same solid poker. Although to counteract the change, I have started playing more marginal hands out of position. Maybe this in its self is the problem

Confidence is a key thing in poker and at the moment, I have none, it is spooky that only a week ago, my confidence was at an all time high. It just goes to show you can never be complacent in this game.

I think I will use this weekend of footy to take a short break and go on the piss for two days.

Hopefully I can then sit down on Monday night with the confidence that I had only a short time ago.

No comments: