Sunday, June 18, 2006

The weekends over

Well the weekends gone I am back to work tomorrow. God I wish I could play poker full time, but I guess like any job it would then become boring.

Had a steady weekend, played 6 Multis, 4 money finishes and one final table. The final table was the LeagueNutz weekly special, which was a great tourney and due to some serious spamming by pokerkaz got 80 runners this week. I managed to eek my way in to 6th place by the skin of my teeth. Hopefully the extra runners will mean more people playing in the league proper next month, which should make for some good competition.

Interestingly enough, I seem to be concentrating more on my MTT's at the moment rather than the sngs, on a weekend I would normally play 10+ a day, sometimes playing two tables at a time, but because of LeagueNutz, I seem to be trying to concetrate on getting into the top 20. I think this has been why I have been having better results lately. Hopefully this will coninue, I just need to learn to be a bit more agressive in my play when I have chips to bring that edge to my game, its horrible sitting back, knowing what you should do, but just not having the courage to do it. I am sure that this will come in time.

After the good results this week, I am back on target to be $4000 in profit by the end of the year. I did fall behind, but some good results this month (1.4k up) has put me on track.

Also, I am also almost at my bankroll level on Poker stars of $1100 where I have said, I will move up the $20 sit and goes, so if my ITM is at the same ratio, my roll should increase faster, should I fall below $1k I will drop down to $10 again till back up to $1.1k, not sure if this is the best way to do it, but it will do for now.

I am going to draft up a bankroll plan for myself for all of the sites I play regularly and stick to these without fail, I may publish them on here once complete to see if any who reads this has any comments.

I plan to take 20% out of all of my poker sites at the end of the year and put away in a seperate account, that I will only dip into in 2010. Although with all of the hack scares I may take some out and keep in a virtual area for poker use only.

I would love to hear anyone elses comments on what they do for the various limits, or comments on the way I do things, feel free to reply on here.

Well thats it for the weekend, back to work and daydreaming about Royal Flushes and slo playing flopped boats.

No comments: