Monday, June 19, 2006

Stars England Vs Sweden

Well it just had to be done, my country called for me and I was there, and what a wonder victory it was England 8 - Sweden 1........

No I am not day dreaming about tomorrow night (I wish) but tonight is was the Poker Stars 1K added $5 tourney to celebrate England Vs Sweden. The tourney was only open to UK and Swedish players, and amazingly enough, not another countrys players were in it, laddies should take note on how Poker Stars managed to do this, rather than the UK only farce events laddies run with 1 million scandis playing in them.

I don't normally play multis on stars, but unfortunately the server that housed the leaguenutz site was down, so I could not register my entries, so I thought I would give this a go, with 1K added for a $5 event and only 231 runners, it seemed like good value.

I am glad to say I did not let my country down and after some dodgy steals and a couple of muffs, managed to get to my first Poker Stars final table. The final table consisted of 8 UK players and 1 Swede......Get in !!! The swede went out 8th to make the top 7 players all british. Unfortunately with the blinds and 2000/4000 and 200 running antes it became a bit of a crapshoot and I went out 7th going all in with A5 on the button and getting called by 88 on the small blind and not improving.

There was a fair bit of scandi bashing going on and they did seem to be outnumbered, lets just hope the same result happens tomorrow....

CMON ENGERLAND.....

No comments: