Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cash Games and my Fave Tourney

I have spent a lot of this last week, playing the micro limit cash games on laddies in order to play in the Saturday freeroll. The play I have seen at this level, seems to be truly awful with any two cards being played from any position calling any sized raise. The freeroll on Saturday started well and I built up to about 5k playing my normal game. I made a massive mistake then. There was an early raise from someone on the same stack as me, I sat there with KK, I decided to flat call, so did the BB. The Flop came down 9 6 2 rainbow, great I thought. However with about 1500 in the pot the BB bet 450, the early raiser immediatly went all in. I thought for a while and decided, one of the two had AA or had hit trips, so I layed down my KK. The BB called and they flipped over JJ and A9.......I was gutted, I would have took down a 12k+ pot which would have put me into the top 3. But I was still sitting ok, until about half an hour later, I was unable to get an early raiser to lay down his AQ, when I came all in over the top with AK, he called and hit one queen on the flop and another on the turn and I was out................I ain't going to bother next week as England are playing on the afternoon in the World Cup, so I will be too pissed to play.

Later in the night I played the 20:30 $5 f/o, which for the 4th time in 5 attempts, managed to make the final table, which helped finish the day in profit.

I also managed to come a creditable 46th in the Bet 365 $5K freroll which with 9633 runners, was not bad, the massive payout of $10.50 was probably not really worth the effort, but hey, its free money.

Looking forward to the Leaguenutz special this evening, although I am sure I will have to dodge a few allins from Jat and MADV as I have a bounty on my head tonight, but I am sure it will be fun and good poker played as ever.

No comments: