Saturday, June 10, 2006

Its here at last

Well poker is going to pay a backseat for the next five weeks, cos its here.....The World Cup....nothing else matters (except for a golfing day out in Edinburgh next Tuesday)

The timing is a bit off, as I seem to on a good roll at the moment. I have had my best start to the month this year with 4 final tables already inlcuding 3 in the laddies 20:30 $5 f/o, with the best result being 2nd, although I was robbed in this event, when the down to 3 players, I had a large chip lead, I was dealt QQ in the BB, the only threat out of the other 2 went all in, I called, he showed 22, a Q hit on the flop and I smiled. Then confusion hit as all the chips went to him after the river.......I checked the board again to see a 6 5 4 + 3 to give him a 6 high straight.....Gutted. Still a nice payday of $288 for $5 stake.

But enough of poker, in 1 hours time, I will be in the pub Winona in hand (check old blogs if you don't know what that is) The might ENGERLAND are going to bring the cup home and they are going to do it in style. This is really what life is about, being in a packed pub watching the greatest event on earth. I can't really say any more.

CMON ON ENGLAND.....COME ON ENGLAND......COME ON ENGLAND

Later........

No comments: